Monday 8 April 2013

Works at Compton Road Bridge and Turner's Field

Thank you Ian for your posting.
The disruption at Compton Bridge is essential emergency work being carried out by Severn Trent Water. When I went down I could see that it's only the bridge that is closed and I was easily able to rejoin the tow-path, behind what used to be Alex's Restaurant. I will check that this is still the case.

With regard to the works at Turner's Fields, as mentioned in previous postings, the work is part of a 5 year management plan that is being co-ordinated between the Council and The Wildlife Trust. I am a novice, but I imagine that tree thinning would be part of a process to improve the biodiversity of the wood as is common practice.

Deborah Davies at Leisure Services is in the process of providing me with regular updates regarding works due to start in the valley. Her department (like everywhere!!) has been a bit "snowed under" over the past weeks, but she supports my appeal for information and will deliver. As a new facility, let's be patient and  then enjoy it when it's fully implemented. In this regard, I would like to thank Deborah, her team and her contacts at the Wildlife Trust for their time taken whilst helping to introduce this system.

In the meantime please, place trust in a project that we are so lucky to have had designed by The Wildlife Trust with guidance from the West Midlands Bird Club. 

Thank you

No comments: