Sunday 28 July 2013

Sunday 28th July 2013
Dry and sunny after heavy overnight rain.

A quick bolt along the valley from Compton to Hordern Road produced:

Success for the Compton Pied Wagtails - A juvenile was with both parents on the upper playing fields by Meccano Bridge.

Also making use of the rain-soaked ground there were 3 Mistle Thrush and 2 Starling.

The Goldfinch flock at the North end of the Barleyfield had risen to 8 birds, all adult.

A Stock Dove was on the Compton Park Wetland.

Other matters:

Some blog members were experiencing problems opening the document I sent out. I have resubmitted this and would greatly appreciate feed-back from everyone as soon as possible please. Thank you for your time taken with regard to this matter.

There is a rumor spreading through the valley that The Barleyfield is under threat from development.I'm not sure whether this has stemmed from developments regarding "The Cedars" at Compton Road, but I shall certainly be getting the facts for everyone, when I visit the council later this coming week.

Anyone with information regarding such proposals, please contact me via smestowsightings@gmail.com

Thank you all

No comments: